5/10/2010

We got Hood Love

I dont remember when I heard the song for the very first time. All I know is that is has been a while ago, but I immediately fell in love with this song. Not only did Mary J Blige proove once again with this song that she was the queen of Hip Hop/Soul but Johnta's performance on this joint was just perfect. He was the ideal counterpart for Mary J on that song. I still can't think of any person to fit the male part on this song better than Johnta. I mean come on, it takes a strong and dominant voice to keep up with Mary and not just any smooth R&B voice that would sing alone beside her. But today I was surfing on the internet and look what I found on the BET countdown. This beautiful song is now an official single but it has not Johnta on it but the prince of VA himself aka Trey Songz. Unfortunately, I must say that I dont like that version at all. I mean it is still a great song (produced by Brian Michael Cox and written by Johnta Austin) but I dont think Trey has the voice to really support Mary on this song like Johnta did(Dont get it twisted, I love Trey but thats just not his song, but maybe it's just the video version that sucks!??!). Listen to the song and let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment